Sunday, February 24, 2008

Radar introspects

"Where did it begin, where does it end?"

Running through the labyrinths of my mind, my thoughts hint that they are in a terminal condition and a speed breaker could answer their desires. Wait, stop, break, chill are words seem vague. Life is racing me through. Sometimes the momentum seems intriguing but at times confusing. As I hurried back from college one day thinking about the future, I overheard a tree on the grounds saying the following lines:

"Nature blooms in all its glory
But humans always have to scurry."

I noticed then that its majestic branches had been slashed a few months back to create 'space'. But transitory alleviation of its excrutiating pain was done by a pair of freshly grown green leaves.

"Its time to stop and introspect,
What do I do to avoid regret?"

At this point Robert Frost's introspection calms me...
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."

6 comments:

Gill said...

'what do i do to avoid regret?'
well written....I think if we can never find an answer to it.

Maya said...

"regret" is over-rated.
it's just another thing that needs to go by in life.
thats the only "answer" i can think of.

addabaj said...

Never regret!! Had i said that, had i done this, so might i gain, so might i miss...You have to make choices--some times informed, sometimes on impulse, sometimes by herd mentality, sometimes a bit of all.Talent is rationed to a few, hard work and practice is a choice for all..When all of this gels, you become a professional. A professional at the right place and time with the right opportunity becomes a celebrity. That's the secret of success....

Radar Introspects said...

"Its time to stop and introspect,
What do I do to avoid regret?"

really well put, maybe the answer lies in your question itself, just stop and introspect...

city said...

"Its time to stop and introspect,
What do I do to avoid regret?"

deep. but your question does have your answer (I agree with blink). Introspection brings understanding- which in turn brings acceptance. And acceptance kills regret...

I love your ruminative style of writing. (I can actually see you in my mind's eye walking to the hostel and listening to trees speak to you on your way)

White Shadow said...

"What do I do to avoid regret?" That's one hell of a question.
I had written this down somewhere.

Introspection is the time when you hang your soul and then wonder if it deserved a trial.

I guess that answers your question.

Regret is like the dark of the night. It will creep up to you no matter where you are. And maybe, it's the reason why the stars shine so brightly. :)