Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Why do I write?

‘Writing is the geometry of the soul’, Plato said.
I write because I love to write and I consider words to be pegs to hang ideas on. It is a pleasure to create a world which I imagine and share it with others. The ability of each reader to perceive situations differently and create a new imagination of their own is the most exciting part of writing. It is the simplest, yet the most powerful means of communication. Writing to me is the platform of knowledge and creativity, waiting to be shared through every turning page, keeping its own style and personality.

6 comments:

mistsonthesea said...

of all the feelings in the world, ownership is one of the greatest.and when that object that is own can be yours and nobody else can have a right to it, then it's even better...
yes, i write to express, everybody does.but i write to own this expression as well.....

Radar Introspects said...

well said!

Vidhya said...

does one need to express to be a good writer or write well to be expressed completely? i guess a good writer is one who can convey a myraid set of emotions, situatons without expressing a thing...

to me expression and writing are two different entities , co-existing , comlementing but never merging.

White Shadow said...

"My sole redemption..."
:)

addabaj said...

to modify Mallory's comments on climbing mountains---I write because I must......
How funny it is to squiggle inklines, or keyboard strokes to individualise oneself--and those strange figures can make others cry,laugh,irritate, angry......

Shaikh Yasir Ahmed said...

Plato sounds like a stoner; you on the other hand, make sense.