Saturday, June 18, 2011

I Lost You

You asked me… Who do I like?

I told you the truth.

You asked me… Who do I love?

I lied to you.

Because I did not know

How to tell you,

Or if you had the heart

To listen to the truth.


The lover I loved

With my heart and soul,

You left him at the corner gate,

Then you held my waist,

My best mate,

And tried to kiss me

In the dark night,

Under shadows of leafy silhouettes,

Influenced by the liquid,

That took away your soul.


My soul disappeared,

My skin turned pale,

I tried to find grip,

Amidst the concrete stones,

But you bit my neck,

In the sharp darkness

Of the pitch dark cave.


Yet,

You smiled in the morning,

Holding your hot coffee cup,

And patted the shoulders

Of the boy I really loved.

You winked and said sorry,

I had already forgiven you last night,

But I lost you my best mate,

In the darkness of that night.

No comments: