Saturday, September 24, 2011

3 words long...

You sat next to me,

Close to me,

But exactly 3 millimeters away.


You sat,

I sat,

Our knees 'almost' touched,

Almost 3 millimeters apart.


I counted,

You counted,

Both our heart beats,

It felt like 3*3*3 beats per second.


The cell phone beeped,

For the 3rd time,

In the dark auditorium,

On the 3rd seat from the rear.


The phone displayed,

A message, 3 words long.


You came closer,

By 3 millimeters,

I stayed still,

For 3 seconds.


Then 3 things happened,

Over 3 nights,

But in the 362 nights remaining,

I stared at the stars,

While you stared at the moon.


I wished for 3 similar things,

While you blinked 3 times,

I spoke for 3 seconds,

While you kept silent and typed,

A message 3 words long.


The auto stopped at pincode 330-033,

Where you paid 3 rupees as change,

To run away to your room on the 3rd floor,

Opposite the 3rd coffee shop on Ripon Street.


That Day,

The cell phone beeped for the 3rd time.

The phone displayed

A message, 3 words long.


No it was not the same message,

That I read,

In the dark auditorium,

While staring at the screen,

For 3 hours long.

My tears froze for 3 seconds

And I walked away briskly,

On the 3rd Avenue of the new concrete town.


No comments: