Monday, November 12, 2012

I loved him through pictures...


I loved him through pictures,
Clicked secretly and cropped at friends get togethers,
And birthday parties.

I kissed the pictures,
So that he could feel my warmth,
Through the distance.

I collected tea bags from expensive hotel rooms,
Because he adored tea.

But I never got a chance,
To make a cup of my favourite tea for him.

He remained silent,
In a room of loud chatter,
Thinking about things,
I wanted to know.

Then one day,
The crumpled white paper napkin,
Scrawled with a black pen,
Was pushed into my fair hands.

He wanted me to make a heart,
And write I love you,
With curvy typography,
On the cream card chosen specially
For his most loved one.

I laughed in my head,
That finally the dream has come true,
The man I loved for 633 days,
Will propose under the moon lit skies,
And melt my heart with his warmth.

He gave the card to my closest friend.
And gave me a huge smile.

No comments: