Thursday, February 21, 2013

Strange

Its been strange that for the past few months I have not been able to write. Not that I have not tried. But every single time I would try to write something, there were a thousand thoughts in the head that fought for expression and I just could not choose what to write first.  Even the last two posts were found in lost pages written long ago. But today I read these lines posted by a wonderful woman, a very dear professor. Now I know the reason why I could not write. Today first time on this blog, I write lines that have not been composed by me but the thoughts that these lines express are exactly similar to what I feel at the moment. 2 paragraphs of lines written by others that hopefully will make me breathe again. I had stopped breathing. Hopefully these lines will let you breathe, again, too.

“Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.”
― Louise Erdrich, The Painted Drum LP

2 comments:

Anindya 'Suman' Kundu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anindya 'Suman' Kundu said...

The lines by Louise Erdrich, is exactly why I believe renunciation isn't the ultimate way. Its very true that the yearning then will break you..... There was this dialogue in 'Dor' movie - 'umeedon ki chalaang' or leap of faith which is necessary to keep living and dreaming... or else you stagnate towards death.