Sunday, July 22, 2012

Changing Contexts

I questioned God to come down and greet me,
From a dark narrow tunnel,
Or from a bright illuminated sky.

Satan has visited me more often,
To reaffirm every time he exists,
Unlike God.

Will I stop believing in God,
If he does not visit me, 
or has not even met me once?

I believed in you,
Even if I have not met you.

Homo sapiens are Homo religiosus.
They believe in religion,
But not a unified one.
They believe in God,
But God to them lies in contexts.

God changes to men and women,
Because of ever changing contexts.

You might change tomorrow,
And your pomises might evaporate,
Due to changing contexts.

But if context infects belief,
Then we will live with guns in our cupboards.
And God will pull the trigger through your hands.

I hope I find you stagnant in the shifting sands.
I hope changing contexts don't poison our soul.
I hope we can Imagine the world to be more beautiful
Than even John Lennon did.

Changing contexts,
Cannot change,
What we firmly believe.

1 comment:

Anindya 'Suman' Kundu said...

Indeed religion has been the biggest hypocrisy on Earth. I found it so hard to believe that while the nation mourned over the tragic murder and violation of the girl in Delhi, people still support someone like Modi! Thousands of women were brutalized and murdered in even worse circumstances in broad daylight at Gujarat riots under his supervision!!

It's just a matter of context. Nothing else.