Saturday, January 29, 2011

Boxes

You boxed me,

I boxed you,

Boxes are spaces,

Restricted places,

Hollow,

Closed,

Demarcated,

Instantly demarcated

By You.


Wait,

Me too.


Why do you think

We are boxed?

Because,

We don’t talk.

But you greet me,

And I do too.


Can your box make space

For another to fit,

Without feeling innate?

No,

I did not say mine.

Wait.


Two boxes of equal size,

Cannot fit inside each other,

And survive.

One has to listen,

One has to speak,

One has to stuff,

One has to vomit,

One has to drink,

The other leak,

One has to reduce,

The other eat.


So as a way

For the two to co-exist,

Is to stay in the box,

The box made for thee.

Open the box,

Let me breathe,

I just came to look,

Not fit into it.


I hear a solution,

Suggested by you,

If one box becomes small,

Then with ease it can fit too.


Did I hear,

Hear you say,

Ordered me to make

My box small today?


Once, twice, thrice

I don’t remember figures

I have done it already,

And you still have not bothered.


What is the guarantee?

If I make my box small today

You will accommodate me.


I don’t need to fit,

I don’t need to squeeze,

I don’t need any more gurantees,

Like the Aquaguard water purifier

Leaking meekly,

Even under the

Lifetime warranty.


I will give you a suggestion,

You don’t have to follow,

Make your box larger,

Or have the guts to throw,

Me,

You or

The N2O.

No comments: