Saturday, January 29, 2011

Dhobi Ghaat

Part 1

I want to watch dhobi ghaat

But not with you

You watch it alone

And I will too.

Why?

Did you ask?

Because,

I know

Love can make my heart

Warm

And give me an illusion

That the visuals were

Strong.


Part 2

Lights Off

Green seats

Velvet

A, B, C, D…….. K

Second last row

Couple Sitting close

Thrashers Bashers

All across rows

There is no passion

There is no love

It is too blue

No one has a clue.

Shoo…Shoo

Shhh… Shhh

La… La…Lah

I will check the email

Right away Sir

Why do you lie?

Prateek looks hot

So does the guy

Next to me

Crunching cheese popcorn

With utmost glee.

I wanted to breathe

So, I did try

Inhaled the air

Filled with the smells

Of nachos and fries.

I guess its space

Which builds the taste

I do not need any garnishes.

No comments: