Saturday, January 29, 2011

I Still Eat Cheese

The emptiness and warmth of cheesy bites

Makes me pretend to be saintly and nice.


Whether She will marry a doctor

Or He a whore,

I don’t really care,

Just don’t plague me anymore.


Was I really there?

When the avalanche came

And made you scared.


I need cheese and

I need it now.


I slept with you,

In a warm wooden room,

In your archaic mansion.


The innumerable rooms

Looked like a maze

Of class room sections.


I did not molest you

I did not kidnap you

And ask for a huge ransom.


Thoughts float

In the labyrinths

Of my brain.

I remember you Rose

And how you lost

Your sixth sense.


Times have changed,

Distances have grown,

You have moved to Canada,

And I sit right now

On a hill top

In Uganda.


I bite into cheese

The most expensive one,

And I don’t have to kidnap you

And beg for your time.

No comments: